Thursday, February 19, 2009

Night Train to Rome

Wow! So we will never ever do a night train again! The train looked
like it was fifty years old and never washed (the outside). Each car
has six "rooms" that fit six people. When we get to our " room"
michael sees that there are already six people in our room 4 adults
and two children! The two kids did not count as passengers! So there
were 8 of us crammed in 6 ft by 6 foot space. Needless to say this was
going to be interesting. About thirty or forty min into the ride I
went to the bathroom and when I came back michael told me the lady
with the two kids changed the younger ones poopy diaper in the room!
CRAZY GROSS! After that the other couple in our room decided to
upgrade. A little while later we turned the seats into our beds and
tried to sleep as the kids are humming and making other noises. The
mom didn't care she was asleep. At least she had both of her kids on
her bed. For some reason on this perticular night I had to use the
bathroom every 15 min for the first hour of trying to sleep. After a
while you get used to the weird sounds the train makes and then you
just wake up when the train stops. Which was about five different
times on this night. One of the times I woke up on a stop the mom of
the kids was coming back inside the room I noticed a pickle jar or
something like it in her hand. Didn't think much about it then, but in
the morning I realized that I never saw the older of the two kids go
to the bathroom... and he was not wearing a diaper. So my conclusion
was the kid used it as a potty!!!!!!!!!! We were up by nine and
listened to the kids cry (b/c the lil one needed another diaper
change), scream and make sounds over and over again until we were off
the train at noon. I know kids do this but in a small room with not
enough sleep you slowly go crazy. I jumped off the train so fast!
Michael was nice enough to say goodbye, I just grabbed my bags and
left! So glad it was over! Never again!

Ah... the memories...

T&M

1 comment:

  1. No Way!!!! Tiff I am soooo sorry! I cannot even begin to imagine what that was like! How did your tummy handle that! YUK!!! At least it was memorable, you will never forget it!! Uncle Ray would have hit the roof over the kids. Can you imagine!!!!! Have you left him off over there somewhere? I hope not on that train! OMG he would be livid if you did that.
    Love you, your mother

    ReplyDelete